Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sebastian is now 6 months old and doing well


Hello everyone who is still reading. I have decided that I now have some time again to blog until I figure out what I am doing with these updates. On Saturday October 10th our little boy turned 6 months old. I find it hard to believe that he has been around that long as I have only had him home for about 10 weeks.

Sebastian according to all the health professionals we are seeing is doing very well. It is hard to judge just by looking at him that he was premature unless I tell you his age is 6 months then he looks small.

As of his appointment today he is 5.20kl or 11 pounds 7 ounces. His length is 60cm and he is doing very well.

He is still waking about every two hours to be fed and is fondly called "snacks" by our friends the Marmina family who know that he eats small meals alot rather then letting mommy sleep. Oh well, I am told in time he will get better and have more hours between feedings.

Sebastian still goes to numerous appointments with many different doctors and we are blessed that he has so little issues.

We took our first road trip into Huntsville which is about 3-4 hours north of Toronto. We decided it was time to take a trial trip so that when we visit Norway it would not be such a huge shock to prepare. Well it was a huge effort just to get out the door. We scheduled a time to leave. At that time Sebastian became hungry again so we had to postpone leaving until he was fed. It rolls around to an hour later and we decide to leave but we need to change him three times prior to leaving as he has done a bit of a throw up on three occasions. The funny thing is we know when he is going to be sick because he has the most beautiful little laugh and then proceeds to throw up. At least we are somewhat prepared.

We left and then I find that I have left behind some important part of the breast pump which I need in order to provide our child with nourishment. So back we go to the house. I should say it could have been alot worse. We did stop for lunch and a lovely lady came over and shook Sebastian's little leg which he was kicking up and down. No sooner had she done that then he had a massive bottom burp and the biggest poop we have seen yet. That was pretty funny. We did get to our hotel and had a wonderful few days taking in the changing of the leaves. Steinar managed to get in a golf game in the 0 degree weather during a now fall which turned into rain and then hail.

All in all I must day it was a great success and if I was not so tired I would do it again.

I hope to keep more regular updates but I hope that you will all enjoy the numerous pictures of our little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment