Thursday, September 3, 2009

Update on Sebastian pictures to follow when I get two minutes

Hello all Sebastian followers. It has been a few weeks since I have posted and blogged anything on Sebastian and I actually have about five minutes between changing diapers, feeding, pumping and trying to power eat anything I can find in the house.

Sebastian is doing very well. Steinar has been off for the past couple of weeks and is the biggest help. I only dread the day when he goes back to work and I do this on my own again.

Sebastian is the best baby and is doing what he should be for his corrected age of six weeks. He is discovering his hands and likes to put them in his mouth. He does not use a soother and although I tried to resort to using it on one occasion he does not like it or need it. He has had a series of check ups and is doing well as far as eye development and other issues that may have been a problem based on him being a prem. We have a major appointment on September 11th with all the doctors who looked after him downtown in the NICU. It is a big clinic where his progress is checked. So I will update this again after that appointment.

Sebastian currently feeds every two -three hours and I am TIRED.

The joys of parenthood.

Sebastian's real age is six months on the 10th of September and today he is currently 4.32 kilos or 9.70 pounds.

Steinar and I have had our first date night with thanks to the Marmina family who we entrusted Sebastian with. Diane almost makes it feel like we are doing her a favour when she looks after him for a few hours. We are grateful as it gives us time to get things done around the house without having to have the attachment to the hip.

Pictures will be posted soon but on the average I am getting three hours sleep a day if lucky. I have been told this is going to be like this for some time. Wish me luck (you would think I am the only woman who has had a child). lol

No comments:

Post a Comment