Monday, June 1, 2009

The Duchess of Dalhousie (Angie) comes for a visit.






It is Friday and my dear friend Angie (fondly referred to as the Duchess of Dalhousie) comes for a visit. For those of you who were at my wedding Angie gave a speech in Norwegian (or what she thought was Norwegian) at our wedding and I adore her. It has been some time since I have seen her and I am thrilled that she is able to visit and see our son. Angie brings mom the most beautiful flowers (thanks so much) and some clothing for Sebastian (he is now able to wear clothing) and a webkins (I need to do more research on this craze). The visit is awesome although I am still trying to cope with the day of grief but she makes it so much better.
When I am out of the room to pump for milk that is when Sebastian decides to open his eyes and become really alert for Steinar and the Duchess. I seem to miss all these moments when he is alert like this.
Although you can see Sebastian without any breathing assistance he is not able to breath for a long period of time on his own and every minute or so they cover his nose and mouth with an oxygen mask. They want to make sure that his face gets cleaned and a small massage is given to give him some relief from the CPAP head gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment