Monday, June 1, 2009

Time for sleep after a nice warm bath




After the bath I was able to change Sebastian. I have story books to read him but had no time this evening. One of his favorites is "Love You For Ever". I am not allowed to read this when the nurses are close by as it always makes them cry. I must say I have a hard time getting through this book. A hat is put on Sebastian to keep his head warm after the shampoo and the oxygen is kept nearby to help with his breathing until the CPAP is put back on. At the rate he is going Cheryl his primary nurse figures that it will not be long before they start cycling him off the CPAP (maybe in two weeks). Apparently big babies don't like having the restriction of the headgear so they try to pull it off (Sebastian is always pulling on it). After the CPAP he will graduate to the "lowflow" which is just two prongs up his nose that wraps around the sides of his head. This will be another huge step forward when this happens.

1 comment:

  1. In the first picture the Little Price looks like he is saying 'darn it I wish you would have let me do all of my business on that towel!'

    Very cute! Smooches from Ang xoxox

    ReplyDelete