Sunday, July 19, 2009

Awaiting Sebastians Arrival Home


Alot has been happening this past week. Sebastian has passed the weight of 3333 grams or roughly 7 pounds 8 ounces. He is a big boy. He is feeding by the bottle every three hours and is doing well except the minor forgetting to take a breath occasionally . He no longer has the feeding tube in his nose so I can now look at him and see what he looks like without tubes and gauze stuck to his face. We are told that he will be ready to come home next week towards the end of the week possibly my sister Anna's birthday on Friday. I have been away from him for the past few days on bed rest as I have a sinus infection and have pneumonia. So I am trying to get as much rest as possible.

Prior to this weekend I was advised that he would be about a week and a half to going home so this has been a bit unexpected that he is coming home sooner then expected and I am a bit anxious. Next week the hospital is requiring me to stay overnight in a care by parent room for two nights so that I get the experience of taking care of Sebastian on my own and doing feeds every three hours for 48 hours. If needed I have a call button to get a nurse on demand.
Also before going home Sebastian will do a car seat test in order to see if he can travel sitting in a car seat. They put him in our car seat and attach him to monitors to see how he does for a time period of about an hour and a half.

I will try to remember to get more pictures of Sebastian so you can see our beautiful boy without all the tubes. He is looking healthy and like a real little baby. It amazes me how far he has come from April 10th and how far he has developed as of today. We are truly thankful for everyone who has prayed for us and cared about us and always remember how lucky we are on a daily basis. Thank you all.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! This is such fabulous news!

    Big hugs & smooches,
    Ang
    xo

    ReplyDelete