Friday, July 10, 2009

My friend Lorraine and her son Matthew get to go home.






I wanted to capture the memories of Lorraine and Matthew who left this week. This is the day they went home. All our babies are known for different things and Matthew was the child who always cried for his mom (for feeding). You would think that as soon as she walked into the hospital Matthew smelled her milk and he would cry like he had been starved for days.
I have touched base with Lorraine who was so eager to get home and have since discovered that life is not a bed of roses as Matthew has colic and has not slept in the past two days. Although I am in a rush to get Sebastian home I think I will slow down the urgency just a little bit. :)

Prior to being able to take the babies home they are given a car seat test to make sure they can tolerate the ride home. They are put a car seat that has movement in order to simulate they ride home from the hospital. The babies are left in the car seat for approximately 1.5 hours to determine if they are able to do the journey home. If they do not react well then they are kept until they are able to take and pass the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment