Friday, May 8, 2009

The swinger


For those reading this blog I am a little behind in catching up on Sebastian's progress and our state of mind. This past week has been crazy busy with lots happening. Sebastian has been "stable" for the most part although we have had a few ups and downs. The doctors are having a hard time trying to regulate his oxygen and have told me that it just takes time for his lungs to develop. This week if he were still inside me he woujld be at 29 weeks.
In the NICU they call him "the swinger". That is because his oxygen levels swings from very high to the low side. Not for any other reason. I guess he could be called something worse(although when he is older I don't want him being called "the swinger"). I can think of better names for him.
They are hoping with time that this little problem will fix itself although every time he swings then all the bells and whistles go off and mommy and daddy's oxygen levels change as well.

It also does not help that he loves to pull out his lines whenever he gets a chance. Another day in the NICU and more to come is what I have been told.

No comments:

Post a Comment