Monday, May 4, 2009

Two Steps Forward and One Step Back




As you can see Sebastian is so much bigger then when he was born. These pictures were taken on my visit yesterday Sunday May 3rd. At the time of these pictures he was weighing in at 1075 grams (birth weight 845 grams). Today (Monday) he is weighing in at 1101 grams (so he is that much fatter). This week has been full of ups and downs. Last night he was given another blood transfusion and is alot happier baby this morning. He has been having small (not small to Steinar and I) issues which we have learned is part of the joy of being the parents of a baby in NICU.

It is amazing to see how much he is changing and how much healthier he looks with some meat on his little bones. On May 10th he will be one month old. Time flies when you are in a constant state of being tired (and he's not even home yet). I must say I have a new appreciation for mothers and I finally understand why my sister Anna gets so excited when she is able to get a little sleep for an hour.

My only question is "Mom, how did you manage four and still stay sane?"

No comments:

Post a Comment