Saturday, April 25, 2009

Friday April 10th (Good Friday)


Our baby boy is doing well and although he has tubes in his nose for oxygen he is breathing 21% oxygen which is what we breath. This is a good sign. We are able to go to NICU anytime of the day or night and I find it a comfort to check on him.
It is the morning of the day he is born and I have just been told that I will be discharged the following day. I immediately get very emotional as I know I am not ready to go home for many reasons. I don't want to leave my baby and I don't know what to do. I am reassured by the nurses that I will get full information on what I am to do when we are home. I still feel that I should stay longer but I am told that is normal when you have been cared for by the same people for three weeks. So we prepare for my departure and I mentally prepare for the days to come.

1 comment: