Monday, April 20, 2009

Michelle Comes To Visit - April 8th

Today my girlfriend Michelle comes to visit. She is a superstar and brings the chocolate ice-cream that I have asked for and about 20 magazines to keep me occupied. Also as it is near to Easter Michelle brings me this cute little chicken in an egg that chirps when you take it out. She made my day. I have a great visit and could have had her stay all day. Michelle is smart enough to bring a camera with her and starts taking pictures of everything to document my fat belly, the compresssion stockings (do they only come in white?), the gifts that have been sent and anything else she thinks will make a great photo. I am happy that she thought of the camera as this has not been something Steinar or I have thought to bring to the hospital. I am on strict bed rest and can't even leave my room in a wheelchair to get some fresh air. I know the weather is warming up and the only trip I can make is to the bathroom and back to bed. The highlight of my days is when I am able to get up for five minutes and have Steinar help me with a shower. It is amazing how you start to appreciate the small things in life like access to water and soap. Also my husband is a hero and is by my side every night making sure we are both doing ok. I miss him, my familiar surroundings and our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment