Saturday, April 25, 2009

Steinar and I meet our son


After getting all my IV's out and waiting until NICU was ready I am wheeled in to see our son. It is 4am and I am tired as I was in 50 hours of back labour. I see our little boy and I know at that moment that every minute of discomfort I felt was worth it and I would do it again a thousand times over. I think I fell in love with him the moment I saw him but when I put my hand in his isolet and he held my finger I melted. I was tired and not long after that I was taken back to my room.

I was woken up to take some pain meds at 7am and they told me I would have to start "pumping" soon. I thought that now was better then later so the lessons started. Needless to say I thought that things (milk production) would begin right away. Was I ever wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment