Saturday, April 25, 2009

Items To Cherish and Learning to Knitt


So this is what my bulletin board looked like. Everything that was of some relevance went on the board. I had the thong hanging where it was easily visible. Ultrasound pictures of my little bean. A beautiful card from my nephew Austin and Art work by the artist "Steinar". Also please note the green knitted hat.
I should explain that the hat and art work were part of a therapy session that was something we could participate in on a weekly basis. As you knitt your hat or did your paintings (art work) a therapist sat with you and helped you express your feelings about what you were going through. The hat was knitt in about two hours and should fit Sebastian when he is about two years old. I guess they were optomistic when doing this therapy as you were knitting a hat for a full term baby. The art work was interesting as both Steinar and I did one at the same time. Apparently they have never had a couple do art therepy together. This was going to be one of a few firsts at this hosiptal. By the time I "checked out" their were many firsts. When I was painting my masterpiece (which was so great I did not keep it) I made the mistake of saying that "I made a mistake" for which I was quickly told that their was no such things as mistakes. All this time I am thinking "yes I made a mistake as it was not what I intended to do". This is one of the times I thought I would just keep my mouth shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment