Saturday, April 25, 2009

Our baby boy arrives.

I am taken to the Operating Room and at 2am I am ready to go and waiting for the doctor to arrive. At this point I have been introduced to all the staff with the exception of one young guy. So me being me I pop my head up and ask him who he is. I think to say he was shocked is an understatement. "I am a second year resident is it ok if I stay?". I said but who are you? Do you have a name? He gave me his name and I told him he had a nice smile so he could stay. I think I scared him for life.
The doctor arrived at 202am and I had our baby put by 206am. Official time of delivery 206am. He came out with a scream and had all his little limbs moving around alot. We (us and the medical staff) were surprised at the scream and how active he was. I was surprised that he was a he. Although we did not know the sex of our baby I thought that he was going to be a she and no boys names ever entered my mind. I was given a very brief peek and he was wisked away to the NICU to be taken care of.

While they got me settled and took care of the placenta (testing)the nurse pointed out that they were writing on the white board, it was his weight information.
She checked the board and surprise again he was 845 grams and 34 cm long. Thank God I did not carry him to term becasue he was a big boy for 25 weeks and 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment