Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tuesday March 24th...850 hours

Well I am in my 23rd week of pregnancy and things were not feeling "right". Whatever that means? I go for an appointment with my Obgyn only to discover that I am dialated and things are critical. Off to the neonatal unit where I soon discover I will not be going home any time in the near future. I call work and I am in shock as I know things are not good.
My parents are a god send and make sure that Steinar is by my side within an hour as we wait for some sort of answer as to what will happen. I am left on a stretcher with my head tipped on an downward slope to keep everything in. I am left that way for the better part of the day as the doctors try to decide which Level I hospital I will be shipped off to. Every hospital appears to be very busy so I stay the night in Scarborough not knowing what will happen next. We are all very scared and unprepared for the days to come. I don't think I have prayed so much for anything in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment