Saturday, April 25, 2009

What happens next?????????????

So I am in the delivery area. The doctors come to visit and I am checked several times. They want the baby to stay in longer as I have just hit the 25 week mark and we would like to hit the 28 week mark. My nurses are wonderful. My brother Chris comes to visit and we chat about the days events not realizing that I am in labour and have been from midnight.
Since we don't know what is going on I finally decide to get the epidural at midnight since I have gone through 24 hours of discomfort. This is the best choice I could have made as I was so exhausted and needed the relief. Steinar was a superstar holding me while the doctor did his stuff. Within ten minutes or less I was a new person. Steinar stayed by my side and we made it thorugh another day. I was now at 25 weeks and 1 day. You may think this does not mean alot but when your baby is this premature every day is important.

They decide to ween me off the epidural as my contractions have now spaced out. I don't know when I had no more pain relief but all of a sudden my back was on fire again and my breath was being taken away by the pains. The doctors were called and the stitches were checked and the decision was made to take out the stitch as they were worried that I may have an infection.
I was ready for this and felt that the baby was ready to come. That day I was given an ultrasound and they told me that he would weigh about 690 grams (454 grams is a pound of butter).
So we wait for this baby to be born and try to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment